Vocal House Classic - 30 Year Anniversary Copies - All-time classic alert. Blissful, bumping euphoric garage house in the form of ‘Do You Want Me Baby’ from the mind of Victor Simonelli as Cloud 9, celebrates its 30th year tingling spines with a fresh remastered reissue containing all four of the mixes from the ’92 original. A record that never ever fails to bring a reaction…many a memory has been made listening to these delectably deep grooves.
Victor Simonelli made many terrific house records in the late '80s and early '90s, though few are quite as sublimely loved-up as his sole single as Cloud 9, 1992's 'Do You Want Me'. Brilliantly, Simonelli has approved this 30th anniversary reissue, with presents all four mixes from the original 12" in freshly remastered form. In its original 'Club Mix' form, 'Do You Want Me' is an unashamedly loved-up NYC deep house cut built from pleasingly skippy beats, saucer-eyed female vocals, smooth bass and prominent samples from Surface's boogie-era classic 'Falling in Love'. It comes backed by a tough drum dub (the 'Bonus Beats' mix), the accurately titled 'Deep Dub' and the rather luscious and lovely 'Dream Instrumental'.
Please note the information is done on a artist keyword match and data is provided by LastFM.
There are several artists using the name "Cloud 9."
1. Cloud 9 is the alias used by drum and bass artist Nookie a.k.a. Gavin Cheung (Discography)
2. NY house producer Victor Simonelli used this alias on his 1993 deep house 12" "Do You Want Me."
3. Cloud 9 is a hip-hop band from Long Island/Monroe.
4. Brighton based Hip-Hop producer, who has worked with the likes of Concept Of Thought.
5. Nujazz Project on Acid Jazz Records, they did one album in 1993 called 'Millenium', it was produced by Mark Brydon who later formed Moloko together with singer Róisín Murphy
6. There is also an Austrian artist performing under this name. Sounds a bit like Elliott Smith.
7. Cloud 9 is an A Capella group operating out of University of California, Santa Cruz.
8. Cloud9 is a korean pop/rock band formed in 2002. Their music is very miscellaneous. It’s something more than just pop and rock - it’s all about lyrics.
9. Six musicians whos goal is to stretch genres and create a new vibe of music that lends equally to tight instrumental as well as catchy word play. With shows that drive hard energy anthems combined with mellow mood songs. Recently performed in texas. They deliver a sound that is catchy and new. Read more on Last.fm
. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.